Friday, June 15, 2012

Leaving Sydney

The emotions are boiling up just under my skin. I'm exhausted and need a break, I've had enough of a 5km commute taking 40 min to drive, that a trip to visit my parents is 2 hours each way and a $25 return trip. Sydney has finally gotten to me and I'm dealing with it all in the best way I can. 

I'm running away from home.

I've never done this, I'm the responsible one. I started working at 19 and not had a break. I moved out of home and never been back. And just now it's all gotten too hard for me to handle. It's been a big year, my girlfriend Ms R, lost her mother, and it's wiped me out more than I thought it could. Work hasn't been fun either, and I realise that it used to be.
So today my notice was given, carpet replacement organised (slight issue with the hidden chihuahua) and we're moving to Forster. Yes a summer paradise in winter with hundreds of bogan cousins living next door. But no rent. Saving cash each month. If I just do it for a few months, I'll be ahead and refreshed. Well that is the plan.

I hate change, I'm a Taurus. However bring on July 1.


No comments:

Post a Comment